The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore – it makes the world fun.
We’re looking for a talented and fearless Art Director to join our amazing volunteer staff at The World is Fun! You will be working closely with our Creative Team to develop and implement visual design elements in order to convey TWIF’s unique mission. You will guide the team’s design aesthetic and uphold TWIF’s brand guidelines for a variety of materials for marketing and communication; from our website and other digital pieces, to t-shirts, posters, print collateral, and the look of our events.
- Work with creative team on the graphic development
- Generate creative concepts and ideas
- Help facilitate creative meetings and brainstorming process
- Take work from concept to a final execution within deadlines
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- A strong understanding of design, copy and web practices/guidelines
- Proven graphic design skills and a knowledge of design software
- Ability to think creatively and express abstract ideas visually
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well as a part of a diverse and fun team
- A positive attitude towards problem-solving
- Relevant education or training
This staff member position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position
does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
More about TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to strengthen Seattle’s spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events.