The Better Business Bureau
Mission: Better Business Bureau's mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust.
They do this by:
- Setting standards for marketplace trust,
- Encouraging and support best practices by engaging with and educating consumers and businesses,
- Celebrating marketplace role models,
- Calling out and addressing substandard marketplace behavior,
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities
For more than 100 years, Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. BBB serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington, founded in 1918 and serving more than 9 million consumers, is one of 113 local, independent BBBs in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
People today are overwhelmed with choices - and often unsure about where to find verified, unbiased information. There are more than 30 million businesses in North America alone; and hundreds of thousands of sites around the world where people shop online. There are thousands of free and subscription websites that offer a range of information, including reviews, reports, directories, listings, and gripe sites. BBB is the one place you can find it all!
Category: Community Development