We’re rounding up opinions from some of our favorite Seattle-ites to hear what they’d pack into a dream weekend spent doing all sorts of wonderful Seattle things. To kick off the occasional series, here’s The World Is Fun’s executive director Amy Faulkner with her list of must-dos for the ultimate weekend in the Emerald City.
Want to submit your own Best Weekend Ever? Please do in a comment!
Best Weekend Ever: Amy Faulkner, executive director of TWIF
- The Columbia Tower
- The Ballard Locks
- Dinner: Ocho
- Golden Gardens at sunset
- Drinks at The Walrus & The Carpenter
- See the Troll
- Fremont Chocolate Tour
- Lunch: Grab sandwiches at Paseo and go to Gas Works Park. Bring a blanket — after all the food and chocolate you’ll want a nap — but you won’t sleep long with the hydroplanes coming and going overhead.
- Dinner: Chiso Japanese Restaurant in Fremont
- Head over to Kerry Park to compare the view. Which do you like best? Sound or lake view?
- Walk the grounds of the Seattle Center. More than a million people visit it a week, and now you can say you’ve been there, done that.
- Take the Monorail for a drink downtown at Vessel (opening later this month).
- Morning walk at the Olympic Sculpture Park
- Brunch at Skillet
- People watch at Cal Anderson Park — named by Forbes.com as one of America’s top parks!
- Peruse Elliot Bay Bookstore
- Dinner & drinks at Cure