Here are a few events that start this week and go through the weekend and beyond. Be sure to check these out by Jan. 1st or you will have to wait until next year.
- 20th Annual Gingerbread Village – “Once upon a time” comes to life in a magical display of enchanting castles! Seattle’s top architecture firms and trade associations are teaming up with the Sheraton Seattle’s culinary staff to bring to life gingerbread creations that will ignite the magic of the holiday season. The Gingerbread Village invites guests to journey through classic fairytale scenes, faraway castles and extravagant holiday stories. More information.
- Native Holiday Gift Fair – The Duwamish Tribe invites the public to its Longhouse Thanksgiving weekend for a Native Holiday Gift Fair on Nov. 23, 24 & 25th from 10 to 5. November 23rd is National Native American Heritage Day! It is a chance to buy directly from native artists and craft persons. There will be lots of holiday spirit and a big lighted tree. Unique gifts in every price range. Fine art, native crafts, regalia, cards, jewelry, t-shirts, smoked salmon and more. Lots of snacks–frybread, baked goods, hot chocolate and more. November 23rd is National Native American Heritage Day! Free admission and parking for shoppers. More information.
- etsyRAIN Handmade Holiday Show – Skip the mall and come to McCaw Hall Thanksgiving weekend for our annual Handmade Holiday show at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at Seattle Center. A bigger venue, more vendors and the biggest shopping day of the year add up to the BIGGEST craft show in etsyRAIN history. The first 100 shoppers through the door EACH DAY will receive a free swag bag. More than 100 hand-selected vendors will be selling their wares on Friday, November 23 from 11-6 and Saturday, November 24 from 11-5 on two floors of the lobby. This event is free to the public and promises the best selection of unique, high-quality, locally handmade gifts, art and treats. More information. You can always shop +etsyRAIN team member shops on +Etsy by searching for team etsyrain anytime!http://bit.ly/teametsyRAIN
- ZOOLIGHTS – Bundle up and stroll the Point Defiance Zoo as it comes aglow with more than a half-million lights. Explore seas of dazzling lights and see breathtaking light displays of ice-skating puffins, playful tiger cubs, the massive flame tree and the new Giant Pacific Octopus. Warm up in the steamy South Pacific Aquarium and watch Santa scuba-dive with the sharks. Ride a camel, take a spin on the antique carousel and experience the thrill of ziplining through the trees! More information.
- WildLights – Introducing Seattle’s first ever winter lights festival at the Woodland Park Zoo! WildLights features wild animals and wild places recreated in thousands of sparkling LED lights. Experience amazing indoor and outdoor displays, ride the zoo’s Historic Carousel (additional fee), see a few of our animal friends, including visiting reindeer, and enjoy family fun and live entertainment. More information.
- Picture Perfect – This November Bherd Studios Gallery is pleased to introduce art that bites back: works exploring the dualism of humanity and nature. In Picture Perfect seven artists present paintings, prints and mixed media artwork that prompts us to consider how we interact with the wild and wooly, and how those interactions in turn change and shape us. How do we see the natural world: as fearsome and dark, welcoming and fuzzy, a place where we have a niche or an alien kingdom quite separate from ours?More information.