We’ve made it through Turkey Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. That means it’s Giving Tuesday today, and we hope you’ll consider showing TWIF some love.
We’re seeking $5,000 to assist in our philanthropic and social programs, all of which directly benefit the Seattle community. Our programs focus on specific areas of impact – People, Businesses, Nonprofits and Events – and are tailored to the needs and interests of the community.
From cooking meals and assisting foster kids to co-hosting community festivals and developing unique charitable marketing campaigns, your donation will help show the world that community involvement isn’t a chore – it makes the world fun!
Here are some top reasons to give to TWIF today, and any day:
10. We’re 5 years old. We’re new enough to be nimble and creative, but established enough to make a big impact.
9. TWIF launched after uniting 550 mustachioed guys in an effort that raised $38,000 for King County foster kids. But we’re not stopping there!
8. We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization. Your donation goes directly to our programs in the Seattle community, not our salaries.
7. We're redefining what volunteering is in Seattle by helping people, businesses & nonprofits get involved (not one or the other).
6. TWIF brings social networking offline by connecting people to volunteer activities that fit each individual’s interests.
5. We love to plan charitable events that are impactful & obtainable (yes, it’s possible). We’ve supported more than 300 community events.
4. We help solve challenges faced by our fellow nonprofits by dreaming up & executing unique solutions that bring them closer to their goals.
3. Our core of 3,600 dedicated TWIF-ers have given over $675K in service to Seattle. Your donation will allow us to give even more.
2. A donation of $30 will earn you a TWIF membership, which is a gift that keeps on giving!
1. TWIF fundraising directly benefits more than 70 nonprofits & organizations in Seattle.
-Maggie Tarnawa, TWIF Blogger