We’re looking for a talented and driven Social Media Blog Coordinator to join our volunteer staff at The World is Fun! Reporting to and in partnership with the Social Media Director the Social Media Blog Coordinator will work closely with the Director to develop and implement Social Media strategies for The World is Fun via social networking websites and the Blog. You will be responsible for creating a professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged and to help increase awareness about our organization.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Prepares blog posts highlighting events in Seattle, volunteer opportunities and more
- Maintains event posting for events and volunteer opportunities
- Works closely with a team of community managers, Social Media Coordinators and the Director of Social Media to plan and execute a robust cross-channel content strategy.
- Creates content that reaches a community of more than 8 thousand followers and community members
- Excellent written communication skills
- Social Media familiarity, including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media interfaces.
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every Social Media staff member is required to attend the monthly team meeting, which is held the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 pm.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.