The Board provides strategic leadership and mission focus. While operational governance rolls up to the Executive Director, the Board-Executive Director relationship is vital. Appropriate involvement by the Board to deliver additional oversight and a full range of problem solving is both critical and expected.
· Provide executive-level partnership to the Executive Director through the ongoing development and implementation of our strategic plan.
· Evaluate all programs, initiatives and ventures for alignment with our mission and long-term goals.
· Support fiscal responsibility through approval of the annual budget and monthly financials, and advisement on decisions having financial or legal impact or risk.
· Actively partner in promoting membership growth and position recruitment.
· Provide awesome and inspirational leadership consistent with our culture of respect, (non-hierarchal) collaboration and fun!
- Natural leadership skills and affinity for people required to make a 100% volunteer (unpaid) organization succeed
- Imagination to generate solutions for challenges foreseen and unexpected
- Brainpower to evaluate programs and projects from a “big picture” perspective, including resourcing, “low funded” budgeting, cost/benefit assessment, risk mitigation and mission alignment
- Experience with charitable or social-focused organizations, and bonus if with grant writing, philanthropy, or nonprofit financial modeling
The board position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of two years. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly board meeting (usually Tuesday evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.