Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Solid Ground is supplying us with spices in bulk and then we will repackage them into small envelopes for distribution with their Cooking Matters Team. We will be getting together, getting the job done, and having a great time doing it. This volunteer event is held at TWIF HQ and is a casual after work event where volunteers can socialize, have a drink and work on a project.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Solid Ground
Why you are needed: Solid Ground’s Cooking Matters program envisions a city where people have equal access to healthy and culturally appropriate food. They work with and in communities to grow and share food that is fresh and nourishing.
Age Requirement: 21+
TWIF Lead: TBD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Our office is located on the left side of 7551 A (a hair salon). The door is tucked back from the street. Come on in!
- What is a TWIF Lead? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a TWIF Lead, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? We will supply you with everything you need for the volunteer event.
- What should I wear? Come as you are.
- Will we be inside or outside? Inside
- Is there parking? There is free street parking in the area - especially on the side streets.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.