Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Help us spread the word about Fremont Fair. Fremont Solstice is Seattle’s annual kickoff to summer, celebration with over 100,000 guests at the city’s most beloved neighborhood street festival. The weekend features the traditional fair with nearly 400 artists, craft vendors, food booths and more, and the iconic Solstice Parade put on by the Fremont Arts Council – all coming together to celebrate the Fremont neighborhood’s “Delibertas Quirkas” (Freedom to be Peculiar) nature. For this volunteer opportunity, you will be spending two hours walking around a neighborhood and distributing event posters for businesses to display. This is a great way to explore a neighborhood and get outside!
Why you are needed: The more people that know about Fremont Fair and the iconic Solstice Parade, the more people that attend!
Age Requirement: 21+
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers will be given drink tickets to the Fremont Fair beer gardens.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? You will be checking in to gather your supplies and instructions at our event partner, Bold Hat Productions. Once you enter their upper-level office, ask for Jillian.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea. [copy]
- What should I wear? You will be outside walking in the neighborhood so please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Will we be inside or outside? inside and outside
- Is there parking? There should be street parking.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.