Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity (no registration required) or volunteer at the event to help make it happen.
Fremont Fair is Seattle’s annual kickoff to summer, celebration with over 100,000 guests at the city’s most beloved neighborhood street festival. The weekend features the traditional Solstice Fair with nearly 400 artists, craft vendors, food booths and more, and the iconic Solstice Parade put on by the Fremont Arts Council – all coming together to celebrate the Fremont neighborhood’s “Delibertas Quirkas” (Freedom to be Peculiar) nature. Help make this iconic event possible by volunteering.
Why you are needed: The proceeds from this event will benefit charity.
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: Amy
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers will be given drink tickets to the Fremont Solstice Fair beer gardens.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? We will meet you near 36th and Phinney in Fremont. When you arrive, find anyone in a Fremont Fair t-shirt and ask them to direct you to volunteer check-in.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? You will be given a official event volunteer t-shirt to wear. Please also wear comfortable shoes as you will be standing during your shift.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? Due to the size of this event and the street closure for the parade, parking is close to impossible. We reccomend public transportation and allowing ample time to get onsite.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.