Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event (If you are interested in attending the event in a non-volunteer capacity you can get tickets here.)
The Seattle Outdoor Cinema is proud to continue their 25th season of celebrating the best movies of all-time on the big screen at the South Lake Union Discovery Center. Volunteers will be helping check guests in for the event and serving up ice cold beer.
The Dude is baaaack for our annual DUDE FEST VI Movie Party on the big screen this summer in beautiful HD! Seattle's original outdoor cinema is celebrating our 25th anniversary on the massive grass lawn at the South Lake Union Discovery Center! The fun continues with a amazing Dude-filled evening on Saturday, July 22nd with THE BIG LEBOWSKI with a White Russian craft bar and lawn bowling in the upper lot this year!
The Nonprofit that this event supports: The World is Fun (yep, that's us!)
Why you are needed: Not only will you be helping make this event a reality, you will be raising money for a the cause. Proceeds from this event will support The World is Fun's programs in Seattle.
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: TBD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at the park at 101 Westlake Avenue North, head to any entrance and let them know you are there to volunteer. Staff will direct you to where to go from there to meet your Sherpa.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are always a good idea.
- What should I wear? Please wear weather appropriate clothing and bring along an extra layer for when the sun goes down. We also recommend comfortable shoes as you will likely be on your feet.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? South Lake Union has limited street parking so we recommend using public transportation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.