Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Fremont Oktoberfest needs your help to spread the word about the event! Fremont Oktoberfest is Seattle’s largest fall beer festival and has been the city’s autumn tradition for 21 years (we're finally old enough to drink)! The three-day event celebrates the very best in craft beer from the Pacific NW and beyond. Sample more than 80 craft beers in our signature mini mug or enjoy traditional big German biers Oktoberfest-style! For this volunteer opportunity, you will be spending two hours walking around a neighborhood and distributing event posters for businesses to display. This is a great way to explore a neighborhood and get outside!
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: The Fremont Chamber of Commerce
Why you are needed: Fremont Oktoberfest proceeds go directly to the Fremont Chamber of Commerce, an organization that works diligently to create and maintain the wacky and iconic Fremont neighborhood. The FCC supports several local non-profit organizations, art groups, local businesses, and special events fostering one of the most unique of Seattle’s neighborhoods.
Age Requirement: 18+
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers for this event will get admission and tasting tokens that can be used for any one day of Fremont Oktoberfest.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- Where do I check in? You will be checking in and picking up your supplies at Bold Hat Productions, our event partner. They are located at 3503 Phinney Ave N. in Fremont. Their office is located on the second floor. Once you pick up the supplies, you will go off to your respective neighborhoods to place posters.
- What should I bring? We will provide you with all of the supplies you need.
- What should I wear? Comfortable shoes are a must as you will be walking around the neighborhood.
- Will we be inside or outside? Both.
- Is there parking? There is parking, but availability will depend on the neighborhood that you choose.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.