Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
The Columbia Center is the second tallest building west of the Mississippi. It takes 69 flights of stairs to reach the highly acclaimed observation deck with breathtaking views of the entire Puget Sound region. The Big Climb supports the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as fundraisers climb the Center. In 2016, the event sold out in 8 hours and raised a record breaking $2.74 million for blood cancer research and patient services.
Join our team as we support this event by checking in participants, handing out packets, and assisting participants with questions or concerns regarding their registration.
Our Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Why you are needed: LLS is a voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Age Requirement: 18+
Event Sherpa: Song
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers will be given a free t-shirt.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at the Columbia Tower Building, you will see signs for the race. Follow those and ask anyone working at the event to direct you to the Volunteer Check-in Area. Your event Sherpa will be waiting for you there.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? Please wear comfortable shoes as you will likely be on your feet for this event.
- Will we be inside or outside? inside
- Is there parking? The Columbia Tower is downtown in an area without ample parking. We suggest taking public transportation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.