Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity or volunteer at the event to help make it happen.
Ballard Burrito Fest is a combination of fun, food, and community all rolled into one. This free family-friendly event features the city’s best restaurants and food trucks competing for the title of best burrito, plus live music, kid’s activities, and much more. Volunteers will be helping make this event a success!
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: TWIF! (That's right, it's us.)
Why you are needed: This event will be one of our biggest community celebrations of the year!
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: TBD
Volunteer Perk: We will be hosting a post-event happy hour at TWIF HQ to celebrate the success of the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at Ballard Commons Park, look for the blue TWIF tent and check-in there.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? You will likely be moving around a lot so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? Due to the event, parking will likely be difficult in the area and we recommend public transportation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.