Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Join us in the Chicken Soup Brigade kitchen! We will be organizing and packing meals and grocery bags ready for delivery and pick-up. Lifelong’s food program, Chicken Soup Brigade, improves the nutritional health of individuals living with chronic conditions by providing medically appropriate foods to those who are in medical need.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Lifelong
Why you are needed: Chicken Soup’s clients have specific health challenges, such as HIV, diabetes, kidney disease, cancers, or disabling arthritis. Most are living below the Federal Poverty Level, and all require assistance in managing their nutritional health. Chicken Soup offers a comprehensive food and nutrition program designed not only feed people but to nourish them.
Age Requirement: 18+
Event Sherpa: Brandon
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Entering the 210 S. Lucile building, ring the doorbell at the first door on the left when you’re facing the building. A contact person for the day at Lifelong and your volunteer sherpa will be there! There is plenty of street parking should you decide to drive.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea. There is an office next to the kitchen where you can store your belongings.
- What should I wear? Closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes are great!), comfortable clothes (can be jeans, t-shirts, etc.), have a hair tie, and Lifelong will provide clean bandanas and aprons for you to wear!
- Will we be inside or outside? inside
- Is there parking? There is street parking in the area
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.