Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You can volunteer at this event or buy tickets here.
Join us at Fremont Oktoberfest! We'll be pouring over 80 different microbrews and German beers and helping with a variety of event activities. Fremont Oktoberfest is Seattle’s largest fall beer festival and has been the city’s autumn tradition for 21 years (we're finally old enough to drink)! The three-day event celebrates the very best in craft beer from the Pacific NW and beyond. Sample more than 80 craft beers in our signature mini mug or enjoy traditional big German biers Oktoberfest-style!
The fun simply begins during your volunteer shift and continues afterwards when you’ll receive free admission to the event plus two extra beer tasting tokens! Your official event t-shirt will also be yours to keep!
Why you are needed: Not only is this event Seattle's largest and longest running Oktoberfest celebration, it is a fundraiser for the Fremont Chamber of Commerce an organization that focuses on improving the quality of life in the Fremont area.
Age Requirement: 21+
TWIF Leads: TBD
Volunteer Perks: Volunteers will receive the following perks:
FREE general admission to the event
Plus TWO extra beer tasting tokens!
Official Volunteer Shirt (extra cool factor)
Perk Redemption Times:
- Volunteers that complete shifts anytime on Friday or that end before 9pm on Saturday will receive admission and tokens to attend the event anytime/day after their shift.
- Volunteers that complete Saturday shifts that end after 9pm will receive admission to the event on Sunday plus two extra drink tokens.
- Volunteers that complete Sunday shifts that end before 3pm will receive admission and tokens that can be used after their shift.
- Volunteers that complete Sunday shifts that end after 3pm will receive admission and tokens (plus two extra tokens) to attend anytime on Friday or Saturday. Due to WSLCB laws you will not be able to attend before your shift on Sunday.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at the event head to the intersection of 35th & Phinney. From there, head west on 35th towards the event entrance. You will see signs for the Volunteer Entrance as you approach. If you have any problems locating this entrance simply ask anyone in a Fremont Oktoberfest t-shirt.
- What is a TWIF Lead? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a TWIF Lead, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? There is very, very little storage at the event so please bring only items that you can carry on you. Please also bring a water bottle and a snack to get you through your shift.
- What should I wear? You'll be on your feet so please wear comfortable shoes. We will give you a t-shirt to wear during your shift.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? there is no parking for this event and finding street parking can be close to impossible due to the size of the event. For this reason, we suggest public transportation and or Uber or Lyft. Please also allow plenty of time to compensate for added congestion in the area due to the event.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.