Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity (no need to register) or volunteer at the event to help make it happen. Although tournament participation is full, Mox Boarding House will have several gaming opportunities for those that visit on the day of The Gauntlet.
The Gauntlet is Mox Boarding House's huge "fun"draiser. Each year, the event raises over $70k for its chosen charity. In this gaming tournament, teams of four, from local community groups and games industry businesses, will raise donations for Treehouse. These donations will unlock power-ups to aid them as they compete in a series of table top games to win glory, and victoriously hoist the Gauntlet! This event is produced by ENGAGE - Mox Boarding House’s charitable giving program.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Treehouse
Why you are needed: [copy]
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: 1st Shift: Helen | 2nd Shift: Amy
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers will get an invite to the post-event offsite after party.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at Mox Boarding House, ask any staff member for volunteer check-in and they will direct you to us.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? This is a casual event so there is no set dress code. The event does have an old-school comics theme and you are welcome to come in costume (although it is not necessary).
- Will we be inside or outside? inside
- Is there parking? There is free parking in the Mox Boarding House lot as well as auxillary parking in the lot across the street.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.