Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity or volunteer at the event to help make it happen.
Join us a Northwest Folklife Festival for a celebration ofmusical and artistic traditions at The Seattle Center. This event is the nation’s largest community-powered arts festival and you’re needed in the beer gardens! This year’s event will host four beer gardens and will be introducing the first PNW Craft Beer Festival highlighting the best beer the northwest has to offer.
During your volunteer shift you will be pouring beer and helping with other event related tasks in the beer garden areas.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: The Benevolent Guild Seattle
Why you are needed: Since 1999 the Benevolent Guild Seattle has been hosting drinking based events to raise money for boutique King County Children’s Charities. The Benevolent Guild believes that focusing on boutique King County Children’s Charities the donated dollar goes further and has a higher impact.
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: Jackie
Volunteer Perk: You will receive a t-shirt at the start of your volunteer shift and two beers at the end of your shift. Working the last shift on Monday? No problem, you can turn them in after your shift a Nabob. All volunteers will also be invited to a private volunteer appreciation party the following Tuesday (May 30th) at Nabob.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon entering the Seattle Center Campus, you will head to the International Fountain. Just south of the fountain lawn, you will find a beer garden. The east side of that beer garden will have a table designated for volunteer check-in.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea. You will need to have valid identification on you in order to enter the beer garden area and volunteer. This event operates on a Special Occasion Licence through the WSLCB and volunteers are not required to hold a Class 12 MAST permit.
- What should I wear? Wear comfortable shoes as you will likely be standing for your shift and something that you won't mind getting a little beer on.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? There is no specific parking available but the Seattle Center has plenty of paid parking lots available. We highly recommend public transportation for this event.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.