Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity (no registration needed) or volunteer at the event to help make it happen.
Northwest Folklife creates opportunities for all to celebrate, share, and participate in the evolving cultural traditions of the Pacific Northwest. We will be serving up ice cold beverages at the event's beer gardens.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: [npo name]
Why you are needed: Proceeds from all of the beer sales at the event will go to charity.
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: TBD
Volunteer Perk: [copy]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? TBA
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea. You will need to have valid identification on you in order to enter the beer garden area and volunteer. This event operates on a Special Occasion Licence through the WSLCB and volunteers are not required to hold a Class 12 MAST permit.
- What should I wear? Wear comfortable shoes as you will likely be standing for your shift and something that you won't mind getting a little beer on.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? There is no specific parking available but the Seattle Center has plenty of paid parking lots available. We highly recommend public transportation for this event.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.