Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Join us in the Treehouse Wearhouse, a unique store where foster children shop for free for new and used clothing and other essentials. We will be sorting, tagging and restocking merchandise, as we ready the store for shopping days.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Treehouse
Why you are needed: The Wearhouse is run by 2.5 paid staff so volunteer power is essential for the success of the program. Volunteers contribute an average of 450 hours per month to the Wearhouse, and thanks to them more than 2,000 foster children shop at Treehouse each year for the things they need and want.
Age Requirement: 18+
Event Sherpa: Soulee
For the protection of the children that may be being served by Treehouse, it is required by the organization that you complete a volunteer waiver in advance of your volunteer shift. This waiver will be emailed to you to sign digitally after you register.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? As you enter the 2100 building, you will walk to the back of the main floor and you will see the Wearhouse. You will enter through the side door located at the end of the short hall on your right behind the stairs.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? You will likely be moving around a bit so wear comfortable shoes.
- Will we be inside or outside? inside
- Is there parking? There is a small parking lot associated with the building and free street parking in the area.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.