The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 10-15 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 2500 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org
Reports to Finance Director. The Finance Coordinators (two total) record financial transactions, and assist with preparation and analyses of financial plans, forecasts and reports. This role will assist in driving business decisions, supporting operations and influencing business results.
- Oversee entry of financial transactions and invoicing
- Maintain accurate QuickBooks files
- Assist with maintenance of membership database and associated duties
- Prepare and maintain financial reports and documents as requested
- Assist with providing information and recommendations to management
- Assist with ensuring organizational compliance with federal, state and local requirements
- Assist with special financial projects as requested
- Basic accounting principles, with knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles preferred
- QuickBooks knowledge
- Proficient with various Google apps (e.g. drive, hangouts, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Self-starter with ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to connect remotely when required
This position requires a commitment of 10-15 hours per month, and one monthly mandatory meeting on the third Tuesday of every month from 6-7 pm. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.