HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
The Director of Human Resources serves as a member of the leadership team. Provides expert knowledge and support to these leaders and the rest of management on Human Resource related issues. Also provides input and support on the affiliate leadership team on overall business issues.
- Director assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates needs proactively with Board of Directors to meet business objectives.
- The Director formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value- added service to management and employees, which reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal organizational opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, and firing employees/volunteers.
- Plans and conducts new volunteer orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identifies staff vacancies, and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls or coordinates the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of the organization.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong management skills when working in team environment.
- Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 10-15 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a one monthly Directors meeting and one monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.