HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Reporting to and in partnership with the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Coordinator will support The World is Fun in developing a solid foundation of volunteer staff members. Since The World is Fun is a 100% volunteer run organization, this position cultivates all internal organization volunteers.
• Ensures that all necessary forms and documentation are completed for all volunteers staff members.
• Works with department managers in writing and placing staff vacancy ads.
• Assists with screening resumes, interviewing candidates, and assists with hiring when necessary, creating or updating position descriptions as needed.
• Conducts new employee orientations, ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed and returned. Sets up all necessary personnel files, answers questions, and follows up as needed.
• Conducts exit interviews with employees leaving the organization.
• Handles and maintains all files, records, and reports.
• Assists the Human Resources Director with the development and implementation of training programs.
• Works with the Executive Director and the Human Resources Director to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of internal organization special events throughout the year.
• Strong project management skills working in team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
• Internet savvy
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. Estimated Time Commitment is 8-10 flexible hours per month, and one monthly mandatory meeting on the second Monday of every month at 7pm.
TWIF connects local volunteers and businesses with charities, providing fun and unique opportunities for community members to align themselves with important causes.
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to engage Seattleites in their 20s and 30s. The organization seeks to strengthen Seattle’s spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events in local neighborhoods. TWIF caters to the interests of young urbanites in hopes of getting members of this underrepresented demographic involved in local volunteer efforts.
For more information, please visit www.theworldisfun.org