If you missed Beer Camp last year in Winthrop, here is your chance for redemption... This year, we are volunteering to help the Astoria Chamber of Commerce at The Goonies 30th Anniversary Celebration!
Join us for a weekend of camping and truffle shuffles in Oregon. We will kick off the weekend Friday night with a Chili Dinner and an outdoor screening of Goonies at the campsite. Throughout the weekend we will be exploring all that Astoria has to offer on their busiest weekend of the year. In addition to all of the activities available, we will also be giving back; during the weekend, each attendee will be scheduled for a four hour volunteer shift on both Saturday and Sunday assisting with event activities like:
- Partnering with other TWIF volunteers to provide assistance at the Event Headquarters or the Lego Display
- Partnering with other TWIF volunteers to provide assistance at the concert Saturday night
- Partnering with other TWIF volunteers to provide assistance at the Goonies-related Scavenger Hunt
- Partnering with another TWIF volunteer to be Bus Tour Guides that travel to the film locations
- Partnering with another TWIF volunteer to assist with the private tours of The Goonies House/Walsh residence
- Partnering with other TWIF volunteers to assist with cast autographs or QnA Panels
*shift times and roles are still TBD
Your camping ticket includes tent or bunk space, some meals (see below), Ninkasi beer and non-alcoholic beverages, a limited edition TWIF/Goonies t-shirt, indoor swimming pool access, hot tub, shower and bathroom access, and other activities Friday, June 5 through Sunday, June 7. As a volunteer at the event you will also get Goonies 30th Anniversary perks through our nonprofit partner.
T-shirts will be printed on Next Level soft tees. They do tend to run small.
TWIF Member Perk
TWIF Members save $10 off the weekend using discount code "TWIFMEMBER". Only TWIF Members are eligible to use this discount code. Not a TWIF Member yet? Learn more here! Sorry, due to the anticipated popularity of this event this discount is not available for guests of members.
Attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Seattle and the campsite, and the campsite to volunteer event locations. Although we cannot facilitate carpooling, we will create a forum for those attending to discuss transportation.
The campground that we are staying in is near Fort Stevens State Park. We have reserved a group campsite that includes an indoor camp kitchen specifically for TWIF volunteers. It is about 3.5 hours outside of Seattle and 8 miles from downtown Astoria.
Goonies 30th Anniversary Planned Events
There will be Goonies Themed tours, tall ships and scavenger hunts all weekend. Activities are still being planned. Check here for the latest updates.
Each bunkhouse is co-ed and sleeps 8.
All attendees must be 21 and over with ID.