ONLINE PROMOTIONS SPECIALIST
The World Is Fun is seeking a part-time volunteer to serve as our Online Promotions Coordinator. Working with the Public Relations and Social Media teams, this individual will assist in the promotion and development of TWIF by posting and sharing volunteer opportunities online to solicit involvement and create awareness among target audiences.
The Online Promotions Coordinator will share TWIF’s message with Seattle individuals, businesses and charities through creative, effective online postings using Twitter, Facebook, Meet Up, Foursquare and many other avenues deemed appropriate by the specialist. Volunteering with TWIF gives the Online Promotions Coordinator the chance to follow personal interests and draw on existing talents while working towards the main goal of gaining exposure of TWIF and benefiting a great cause.
- Be a spokesperson and advocate of TWIF and our programs
- Develop and distribute promotional messages online to attract target audience and increase involvement at events
- Proactively share upcoming volunteer opportunities with local influencers, such as media and blogs, and TWIF fans and followers
- Increase involvement at events and new members by spreading TWIF’s messages far and wide
- Collaborate with other TWIF teams to integrate communications and online postings
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Knowledge of social media and online promotional web sites
- Desire to volunteer time and work towards a common goal
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exhibits time management skills, creativity and resourcefulness
- Personable and friendly; wants to have fun
The estimated time commitment for this volunteer position is between 10-15 hours per month. As a 100% volunteer run organization we offer a lot of flexibility in when and how the hours are completed. Many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely and at a convenient time. All of our staff members are required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position, so there will be no financial compensation. However, TWIF offers real-world experience within the Public Relations, Marketing and Communication career field, and will provide an exceptional letter of recommendation, along with the gratification of being a part of a great cause.