SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
We’re looking for a talented and driven Social Media Blog Coordinator to join our volunteer staff at The World is Fun! Reporting to and in partnership with the Social Media Director the Social Media Blog Coordinator will work closely with the Director to develop and implement Social Media strategies for The World is Fun via social networking websites. You will be responsible for creating a professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged and to help increase awareness about our organization.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Prepares blog posts highlighting events in Seattle, volunteer opportunities and more
- Maintains the official The World is Fun Facebook page and facilitates the FaceBook conversations to engage fans and build likes
- Tweets regularly, engages others on twitter and builds followers of the organization
- Prepares the bi-monthly email newsletters with images and text provided
- Maintains event posting for events and volunteer opportunities
- Maintains Pinterest and Instagram accounts and handles and ensures uploads of event photos
- Tracks statistics monthly
- Excellent written communication skills
- Social Media familiarity, including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media interfaces.
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every Social Media staff member is required to attend the monthly team meeting, which is held the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 pm.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply. TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 10-15 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 2500 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org