Mission: Our mission is to advance the quality of life for women of all ages, races and faiths, and their families. In support of this mission, the YWCA provides services to meet critical needs, promote self-sufficiency, reduce violence, eliminate racism and achieve equal opportunities for all people.
Together with YWCA USA and YWCAs across the country, we are dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We believe that, working together, we can create a community where:
- All women and families have a safe and stable place to live.
- All adults are economically self-sufficient.
- All children and youth develop the skills they need for successful lives.
- All people live with dignity—free from violence, racism and discrimination.
Vision: An inclusive society where all people can thrive and all communities are valued, respected, and self-directed.
Work: YWCA works where they’re needed most to create real change every day through services and advocacy. They aim to eliminate disparities for women, girls, and marginalized communities with programs that:
• Build stable homes and promote economic advancement
• Improve health and end violence against women
• Increase racial equity and social justice for all people
Category: Human Rights
• When we dismantle systems of oppression, equity will increase, and our whole community will benefit.
• We must break down the barriers of institutional racism that have historically excluded women and communities of color, and put their voices at the center of our work to create real change.
• When people are confident in their inherent strength and communities are self-directed, they are empowered.
• This work will take our courage, compassion, and commitment. We must cross lines of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and religion, and stand together to transform our community.
YWCA is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
A regional leader for change since 1894, YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish operates 30 program sites across two counties and serves 15,000 people each year.
Events We Have Partnered On:
YWCA Adopt-a-Unit - April 23, 2011
YWCA Adopt-a-Unit - March 12, 2011
YWCA Gingerbread Party - December 11, 2010
YWCA Adopt-a-Unit - November 14, 2009