Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Treehouse provides a range of supports to help students in foster care experience success at school, and have access to the resources and support systems that all kids need to graduate from high school with a plan for their future. It takes all of us in coordination, with consistent positive adult presence and collaboration between foster parents, social workers, teachers, school counselors, mentors, and Treehouse.
Join us at TWIF HQ as we stuff backpacks full of necessary supplies for kids to go back to school. Each backpack will be available in the Treehouse Wearhouse, a free store where youth in foster care and their caregivers can shop for high-quality essentials, or as part of the student success programs.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Treehouse
Why you are needed: Treehouse strives to create a world where every child that has experienced foster care has the opportunities and support they need to pursue their dreams and become productive members of our community. Their goal is for foster youth in King County graduate from high school at the same rate as their peers. These kits are a small part in contributing to their student's success.
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: TBD
Volunteer Perk: We will have ice cold beverages and some snacks available for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? TWIF HQ is located on the left side of 7551A (a hair salon). Our door is tucked back slightly from the street. You will see our logo and the letter "B" on our door. Come on in, we will meet you there.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea. We will have cold beverages and a few snack available.
- What should I wear? Come as you are.
- Will we be inside or outside? inside
- Is there parking? There is usually ample street parking in the area either on 15th or the cross street of 77th. The office is also located on the Rapid Ride D Line. Exit at the 75th and 15th stop.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.