Event Type = Volunteer + Social: You have the option to either attend the event in a social capacity (buy tickets here) or volunteer at the event to help make it happen.
Kirkland Uncorked is Washington’s summer wine festival. Taking place in scenic Marina Park, the festival is a weekend long celebration of world-class Washington wineries.
The festival is split into two parts, a 21+ Tasting Garden and an all ages Street Fair. The Tasting Garden features wine tasting, live music, a Friday Burger Brawl and a Saturday Grill-Off. The Street features a Boat Show, the Uncorked Market, the CityDog Dog Modeling Contest, and a Sunday Food Truck Feast.
Volunteers make this event possible!
Proceeds from this event support a local no-kill animal shelter on a mission is to give homeless animals a second chance through rescue, shelter and adoption.
Volunteer Perk: Volunteers for this event will receive event admission, ten tasting tokens, and an official event t-shirt!
Age Requirement: 21+
Event Sherpa: Amy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Upon arrival at Marina Park you will see signs for Volunteer Checkin. If you do not see the signs, as anyone in a Kirkland Uncorked t-shirt!
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? Comfortable shoes and layers in case the weather turns - this is an outdoor event.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? Due to the size of the event, parking in the area can be difficult to find. Please allow ample time upon arrival as you will likely have to park a distance away. Sadly, we are unable to aquire parking.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.