Event Type: Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Join us as we support Market Share in this summer’s funnest food fundraiser! We’ll be assisting with a variety of event activities like taking tickets, greeting guests, delivering family style food to tables, pouring drinks and more.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: MarketShare
Why you are needed: This fundrasing dinner is to support MarketShare’s vision to build an international street food market.
Age Requirement: 21+
TWIF Lead: Amy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? When you arrive at King Street Station, the event is being held in the outdoor area in the North of the station at the intersection of Third and Jackson. You will see a fenced area at that location and we will be in there.
- What is a TWIF Lead? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a TWIF Lead, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are always a good idea.
- What should I wear? Please wear black pants and weather appropriate clothing and bring along an extra layer for when the sun goes down. We also recommend comfortable shoes as you will likely be on your feet.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? There is paid parking in the area, but we encourage you to take public transportation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.