Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Join us in the Beautification of Regrade Dog Park! We will be painting a mural on the walls within Regrade Dog Park. Make your mark on Seattle! This is a hands-on volunteer opportunity that you will be able to show your friends and family for years to come. We will guide you and show you painting techniques as you make the park colorful.
This project is our second project in this park. In August 2016 we enlisted the help of international artist Cernesto for a mural on the south side of the park.
Must love dogs! This painting is being done in an active dog park.
Why you are needed: You are supporting artSEA’s mission to build community, transform, inspire, and invigorate through art.
Check Out Past artSEA Projects
Age Requirement: 18+
Event Sherpa: Caitlyn
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? Once you enter the dog park it should be really obvious - we'll be the people in the park with paint brushes instead of dogs.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? This is an active dog park so you will get dirty. Please wear something that you do not mind getting paint on. Please also dress in layers and wear warm clothes.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? This area does not have a lot of parking. There is some paid street parking and lots in the area but we highly recommend taking public transportation as the location is easily accessible by bus.
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.