Event Type = Volunteer: You will be volunteering at this event
Come join TWIF as we play in the dirt at Seattle Community Farm! Who doesn’t like getting a little dirty while doing good? Let’s go help out in the fresh air on 4 acres of historic preserved farmland in South Seattle! There will be no mud pies, we promise, but what there will be is some tending & maintaining of Lettuce Link’s Giving Garden.
The Nonprofit Partner that this event supports: Solid Ground
Why you are needed: Seattle Community Farm is an urban community farm that engages the community in sustainable organic gardening provides nutrition & gardening education & enhances local food security. The farm helps to provide to senior lunch programs through the Providence Regina House Food Bank, Mien senior citizens, and Concord Elementary School students and their families.
In an age where childhood obesity is skyrocketing programs like Seattle Community Farm is critical. This farm is possible due to volunteers like you who combined put in thousands of hours of work to produce the wonderful produce & education that comes from the Farm.
Age Requirement: 18+
Event Sherpa: TBD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can sign up for this event? Anyone is welcome to volunteer for our events. There’s no long-term commitment and you’re welcome to sign up for just one event, or multiple events that fit your style. Once signed up, you’ll be kept in the loop on all event details and what to expect via email and text communication from our team.
- Can I sign up my group? If you are interested in signing up 4 or more people for a volunteer event, we ask that you contact us instead of registering here.
- Can I bring a friend? Of course, the more, the merrier…. but we do ask that your friend register for the event. Those not registered for the event will be turned away.
- How do I find the group? The farm is just west of 4015 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98108. Your Sherpa will greet you at the farm.
- What is a Sherpa? At every TWIF Volunteer event, you will find someone, called a Sherpa, that is trained to facilitate the group. They are your event host, if you will, and are there to help make sure you have a great experience.
- What should I bring? A water bottle and a snack are never a bad idea.
- What should I wear? Get ready to be outside working on the farm! Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty or muddy. Good waterproof shoes are recommended. If it's sunny, wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
- Will we be inside or outside? outside
- Is there parking? Parking is available on Lilac Street or surrounding streets. Head straight into the farm entrance!
- What is the cancellation policy? Space for our events is limited and we often have a waiting list of people that would like to attend. Once you register for the event we will hold a space just for you so we ask that if, for any reason, you cannot attend your scheduled shift, please make sure to cancel your registration so someone else can take your spot! You can cancel online or by reaching out to our volunteer coordination team.
- Do you offer documentation? Upon request, we will gladly supply you with documentation for your volunteer hours for work or school purposes. We do NOT, however, provide court documentation. We do not believe that volunteering is a punishment and under no circumstances will we provide documentation for court-ordered community service.
If this event is full, JOIN THE WAITING LIST.