Did you blink and then realize it’s already the middle of August? So did we. While August may be reaching its peak and making the downward slope into September already, that doesn’t mean the fun has stopped. In fact, we’ve got a whole host of events to keep you busy as we prepare for our ride into the next month. From an entire day dedicated to celebrating Burritos, a Jazz Walk to a Cider and Sausage Festival to a Midsummer Renaissance Faire, we don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding ways to make your week a winner.
Pick of the week:
Ballard Burrito Fest - August 19, 11am-6pm at Ballard Commons Park
Why not spend an entire day celebrating all the wonderful things that make Ballard an awesome community and also the best way to eat pretty much anything (including sushi) - BURRITOS! You can still be part of the action as a volunteer or you can attend to try all the burritos, lawn games and community fun the festival has to offer. #Humblebrag- we are the creators of this awesome event and we really hope you join us!
Events Happening All Week:
- Friends of Seattle Public Library Book Sale – If you haven’t already been down to the book sale, you should certainly get over there to snag a book… or two… or three. Priced at only $2-3 it’ll be hard to know when to stop! (All August-9/1)
Monday, August 14
- Mariners vs. Orioles– You have three chances to support our team against the Baltimore Orioles. Choose a day, grab your peanuts and crackerjack, and make sure to cheer loudly! (8/14-8/16)
Tuesday, August 15
- North City Jazz Walk- Head up to Shoreline after work to enjoy a night of jazz, food and fun with the community for North City’s eleventh annual Jazz Walk!
Friday, August 18
- Gigantic Bike Festival – Hardcore Biker? You won’t want to miss this! Take a trip out to Snoqualmie to participate in this festival filled with live music, hand built bicycles, art, film, workshops, bike tours through Snoqualmie Valley and so much more. (8/18-8/20)
- Seattle Tattoo Expo – Tattoo enthusiasts will have a great time at this expo which showcases new talent and fan favorites at a gathering place to bring those who love this art form together. And as a bonus, you can even get a new tattoo while there. (8/18-8/20)
- Poulsbo Arts Festival – Jewelry, Photography, Metalworking, Ceramics, and more will be featured at this festival up in Poulsbo, along with art classes, music and dance. (8/18-8/20)
- Chief Seattle Days – This three-day event brings together the public to honor chief Seattle, a leader of the Suquamish People, whom Seattle was named after. There will be a salmon bake, canoe races, drumming and dancing, a fun run and much more. Hop on a ferry and check out this event! (8/18-8/20)
Saturday, August 19
- Did we mention Ballard Burrito Fest? because its. all. happening. Saturday the 19th at Ballard Commons Park
- Cider and Sausage Festival – Sausage? Cider? Yes please.
- ‘Fearless’ at Asian American Film Festival – Grab some free popcorn, sit back and relax at Hing Hay Park while enjoying this fest featuring movies by and about Asian Americans.
- Washington Beer Collaboration Festival – Get your taste on at this event designed to highlight unique collaboration beers from 50 Washington breweries.
- Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire – If you’ve ever been curious as to what a Renaissance Faire might be like, wonder no more! This is the last weekend of the Midsummer Renaissance Faire and the theme of the weekend is Pirates. What are you waiting for? (8/19-8/20)
- Vikings Days Festival – Come to this educational festival and enjoy Nordic Foods, live music, and a Viking Encampment which will teach you all you ever wanted to know about being a Viking! (8/19-8/20)
Sunday, August 20
- Bring It! Live – This dance show is sure to be filled with excitement. Go on down to the Moore Theater to watch!
- BrasilFest – What better way to spend a Sunday than by learning about Brazil’s culture during BrasilFest at the Seattle Center? There will be dancing, drumming, traditional foods, capoeira, and more.
- Chelsea Booker, TWIF Social Media Coordinator and Local Fun Expert