With the arrival of Cinco de Mayo, you are probably asking yourself how you can celebrate in the most delicious way possible. Well, why not host a Dip Off in March Madness form? Using the infamous college basketball event as inspiration, invite your friends to play in a different (and more delicious) type of bracket this Cinco de Mayo. Your friends' dip creations will serve as the competition while everyone gets a chance to try each one. Here are some ground rules for hosting a successful dip off and ideas to get your creative juices (or dips) flowing. Let the games begin!
- Every person invited to the party brings a dip of their creation, they can bring multiple if they’d like but everyone must have a submission.
- The host does not provide a dip to enter, rather the vehicles to taste them all- i.e. cut up vegetables and various chip flavors.
- Set up the game as a “sweet sixteen” style bracket as used in March Madness, eliminating dips as the competition goes on.
- Everyone gets to place their vote on best dip each round, winner moves on to next lineup.
- Create specialty awards for those unfortunate players that lost early on in the competition, such as Spiciest Dip, Best Texture, and Originality.
- Be sure to include enticing prizes and perhaps even a trophy for the winner! The possibilities are endless on winner’s swag.
Here is a classic guacamole recipe for inspiration!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- Salt and pepper
Mash avocado into bowl and mix with freshly squeezed lime juice. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
-Annie Stephenson is a TWIF Blogger and Guacamole Superfan