Mission: Imagine Housing's mission is to develop affordable housing, build welcoming communities, and foster vibrant futures.
They believe everyone needs and deserves a home, and their programs help make home a reality for people with low incomes. They develop, own, and operate affordable housing communities in East King County, provide on-site supportive services and case management that help foster stability, dignity, and community.
They are currently working toward a goal of offering 1,000 affordable homes, serving 2,400 people, by Dec. 31, 2022.
Category: Community Development
Ways to Get Involved:
- Provide community dinners for low income residents
- Volunteer to pick up and deliver key resources for residents from around the community, e.g. organic produce, boxes of food from the food bank, and kids' supplies.
- Volunteer at their annual gala & auction (usually in the spring; next one is March 30, 2019).
- Help with community-building activities like arts & crafts with kids or decorating for holidays
- Serve on their Communities board or Young Professionals Board
- Help around the office, e.g. with admin tasks, data entry, graphic design, and research