Seattle Ladies Choir
Founded in June 2011, the Seattle Ladies Choir has brought together over 50 altos and sopranos to sing unique versions of contemporary music in 2-, 3-, and 4-part harmony. They are a non-audition group and their members come from varying backgrounds, ages, and levels of experience. They share a love for modern music, and their repertoire includes songs by Pearl Jam, Queen, Coldplay, Metallica, Imogen Heap, Florence + the Machine, Sara Bareilles, Guns N’ Roses, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, and more.
Mission: The Seattle Ladies Choir is made up of 50+ members with varying musical experience, from shower singers to professional musicians. It is a non-audition choir that strives to provide a supportive community for members and to connect through music. The choir votes each season on a repertoire of contemporary, secular music in a wide range including rock, folk, and pop, and aims to perform at a professional level twice per year. The choir is open to all self-identified women, and adheres to practices that are inclusive, safe, and supportive, while embracing an eclectic core.
Category: Arts, Culture & Humanities
Ways to get Involved:
- Attend their concerts:
- They perform twice a year (in the spring and fall).
- They are always looking for volunteers to help out at their concerts by selling tickets, merchandise, and refreshments; ushering; and assisting with set-up and tear-down. Volunteers receive a free concert ticket.
- Attend their annual fundraiser, or donate through their website or at their concerts.
- Follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube:
- These channels are the best way to stay up to date on upcoming concerts, fundraisers, and other events, and to check out their past performances.
- Join them:
- Follow their social feeds and sign up for their mailing list to be alerted the next time the waitlist opens.